Protecting Your NJ School from Risk Exposure Liability
You own a specialty school and you are proud of the fact that you draw students to your establishment on account of your targeted subject matter.
But while educating your students in your particular brand of knowhow is your expertise, accidents and mishaps are out of your control. See how others like you have suffered losses and damages and why special insurance that deals with your niche is the essential protection you need.
PRIME Insurance Agency Highlights Special School Insurance Claim Cases
NJ General Liability Insurance
- One pupil at a school for public speaking slipped and fell in the facility’s bathroom. The boy suffered a broken arm, as well as injury to his knee. He brought a pain and suffering lawsuit against the institution. Settlement was reached at $68,000. On top of this, there was a $7,000 expense for defense.
NJ Professional Insurance
- A parent of a student complained about a school’s negligence in providing professional services in regard to coaching her child for the SAT testing. The family filed a lawsuit against the institution for the amount needed to engage an alternate teacher, plus reimbursement of their tuition for the school. Settlement reached $10,000.
NJ Abuse or molestation Insurance
- A dance school student alleged that one teacher inappropriately touched her and brought a claim against the school for negligent hiring. Although the case was eventually closed for lack of evidence, defence costs reached $35,000.
NJ Property Insurance
- A school where students were trained in computers suffered a fire, resulting in $80,000 building damage and $36,000 in business personal property damage. It took 60 days for the overhaul of the building to be completed. This caused the school to be closed during that duration, totaling $15,000 of business income loss, plus $10,000 in start-up expenses when the repairs were completed. Total loss amount was $141,000, with claim settlement concluding at that figure.
NJ Equipment Breakdown Insurance
- A school’s old heater had poor water balance. The heater broke down, resulting in $18,400 in property damage.
PRIME Insurance: Tailored Coverage for Specialty Training Schools
PRIME understands your unique position. That’s why we can help you get the protective insurance you need. An experienced, independent agency that has been recognized for its excellence by industry awards, PRIME has also been appointed by the leading insurance companies to represent them. Because of this, we have the ability to scout a broad provider network for the most appropriate policy at a competitively lowest quote.
Find us on the web at http://www.primeins.com/, email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us directly at 732-886-5751 and discover insurance at its best.
Summary: A specialty school has more than subject matter to deal with. Unfortunately, there is a host of liability exposure to contend with as well. Find out why you need protective insurance coverage and how you can acquire it.