Once thought as a type of fun travel exclusively for young adults, motorcycles have evolved in a mode of ‘hitting the road’ for a broad age group.
Eleven Fun Facts about Motorcycles
- The motorcycle is also referred to as a ‘bike’, a ‘motorbike’ or a ‘cycle’.
- According to insurance figures, 1 out of 5 motorcycles are stolen in the poorer urban neighborhoods of a city.
- Motorcycles have about double fuel efficiency than the standard automobile.
- The initial Harley Davidson motorcycle was manufactured back in 1903 – and a tomato-soup can operated as its carburetor!
- Throughout World War I, motorcycle factories were producing in high volume to provide operational communications to the front-line soldiers.
- Following World War II, US war vets began creating membership motorcycle clubs.
- Stuntman Evil Knievel still claims global record of surviving after having the most broken bones from his dangerous motorcycle feats.
- The first motorcycle helmets were padded with cork.
- What’s the fastest motorcycle? The Tomahawk motorcycle, manufactured by Dodge, can reach speeds of 350 miles per hour!
- Arguable, Harley Davidson remains the ‘king’ of motorcycles in the US – even as Japanese producers Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha lead in the market.
- Grand Prix racing is the top rank of world motorcycle racing and championships.
For a free consultation on the differing types of coverage options offered for motorcycle riders, speak to the insurance experts at Prime.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Here are 11 fun facts from the insurance professionals to ponder about the great two-wheeled mode of transportation – the motorcycle!