Say Hello to Health, Fitness… and Liability Exposure
You need insurance that protects you
As a fitness center, there’s only so much you can do to minimize risks of general, property and professional liability, etc. It’s prudent not to leave yourself exposed to devastating financial possibilities.
Property, Medical Payment, General Liability Claim Examples
(It could happen to you, too)
- As a customer lifts weights, the 500 pound machine falls on his back, crushing him. The man sustains compressed lungs, a fracture of the spine and $150,000 in medical care bills. In addition, the man loses work income.
- As a customer enters the fitness center, she slips on the rained-on wet floor. This woman sustains a non-displaced lower leg fracture. She sues the center for $12,000 in medical payments and missed wages.
- As a customer exercises on the squat machine, it becomes displaced and slashes her leg. She receives $3,000 of medical bills.
- The professional gym trainer tells a customer to intensify the workout. This results in the customer hurting his back. The customer sues the center for $35,000 in medical bills and his personal loss of work income.
- A gym member sues the gym for negligent hiring of a fitness trainer who displayed inappropriate conduct. The gym spends $17,000 on the defense.
- The director of the fitness center asks a worker to drive to the bank on an errand. As this employee drives to the bank, he hits another vehicle resulting in $4,000 damage to the other car and $40,000 in bodily injury to the other car’s driver. The employee that caused the accident does not have adequate insurance to cover all the damage.
- As the owner of a fitness center arrives in the morning to open the doors to members, he discovers the building vandalized. The damage amounts to $5,000.
- A fire erupts in the attached building to a fitness center. There is water and smoke damage, resulting in $15,000 of building damage and $35,000 of business personal property damage. The fitness center must close for one month to facilitate repairs to the building and replacement of exercise equipment. This results in loss of business income for the center.
PRIME Insurance's Business Owners Policy and Your Fitness Center
Q: What makes PRIME Insurance so knowledgeable about Fitness Center Business Insurance?
A: Since its early inception, PRIME has been dealing with Business Insurance NJ / Commercial Insurance NJ. As its rapid expansion metamorphosed, it offered business insurance throughout the Northeast and further on. Fitness centers have been a focus and remain a focus with PRIME.
Q: What else is unique about PRIME?
A: PRIME’s team is passionate about every aspect of insurance. This has not gone unnoticed by the industry. Endowed with many industry-based awards, as well as permission to do direct business with 43 of the most prominent nationally recognized insurance companies, it ranks A++ in technical ability. All this results in customer excellence that is rare in today’s society.
Q: What can I expect from PRIME Insurance?
A: You can expect to be treated with dignity and honesty. You can also expect to be given professional guidance in choosing from PRIME's carefully selected policies geared towards your niche along with low quotes. Further, when you need them, PRIME is available – usually even after hours – and the speed of service is second to none.
HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Providing all forms of nationwide coverage, including NJ cheap auto insurance, low quote commercial umbrella insurance NJ, flood insurance, NJ renters insurance, NJ homeowners insurance, NJ bonds, NJ workers comp, NJ life insurance and more, we invite you to experience the PRIME difference! Visit PRIME Insurance at our insurance website, email us at or call us at 732-886-5751!
Summary: If you own a gym center, you deal with all forms of liability. See true NJ commercial insurance claim examples here.