You Have Special liability – You Need Special Insurance Protection!
Every business owner would like to think that bad things only happen to other companies. But there’s a reason that insurance companies exist. And it’s not because things don’t transpire even to those who’d like to escape happenstance.
General Liability, Professional Liability, Property Risks
Insurance Claim Scenarios That Really Occurred
- Mrs. Sanders* treated herself to a manicure at her favorite nail salon. As the procedure winded down, she began to feel the effects of the associated manicure polish and tool vapors. She managed to arise from her seat, only to fall to the floor in a faint, resulting in facial bone fractures. Mrs. Sanders’ required reconstructive surgery to her face to the unhappy tune of $150,000.
- Brenda* was employed at a hair salon. On a particularly demanding work day, she failed to clear away clipped hair from a previous customer before motioning the next man to the chair. This unfortunate client slipped on the shorn locks strewn upon the floor and broke his wrist. Health care costs together with lost wages as a computer programmer amounted to $50,000.
- The fateful work day at the nail salon began like any other for Sammy*. Little did he know, however, but one of the clients that walked in for a pedicure had a skin disorder. The nail technique that Sammy used triggered a severe infection, requiring the woman to shelve out $25,000 for related doctor services.
- How was Sheila* to know that one hair styling customer would get a serious allergy reaction from the standard chemicals in the hair dye? The customer’s illness was so severe that she required two days of treatment in the hospital. The total medical costs and loss of wages amounted to $20,000.
- All in a day’s work of a beauty salon? Not really. The pipe that broke on the nail salon’s pedicure-chair resulted in extensive damage to the facility. Replacement costs of damaged objects totaled $5,000.
- Brian* worked as a hair stylist in a popular hair salon. One day, he forgot to unplug the hair dryer he had been using on clients. After everyone had left for the day, the hair dryer caused a short circuit, resulting in $20,000 in damages at the establishment.
* Not real name
PRIME Insurance Presents Nail/Beauty/Barber Shop Insurance
We know the inherent risks you face in your business. As the leading agency, voted A++ by insurance authorities, we’ve been given rights to conduct insurance business with 43 of the top insurance companies. Insurance names like MetLife, USLI, AIG, CHUBB, UPC INSURANCE, ZURICH and ASI are but a few of the giants we deal with on your behalf. Join other nail, beauty and barber shops that have come to recognize insurance excellence – and tailored protection – through us.