Though public school bus fleets possess a form of self-governing protection, this is not so for the privately-run school bus company. Due to this, the private school-bus operation needs adequate high insurance limits in order to shield it from the possibility of student injuries.
The following include potential scenarios that insurance can cover:
- Injury incurred while the student is on the school bus
- Injury incurred while the student is walking to and from the bus
- Injury incurred while the student is waiting for the bus
Typical insurance coverage for the privately-operated school bus incorporates:
- Commercial auto, including liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments, as well as uninsured motorist insurance
- General liability shields the private bus company from 3rd-party claims, including bodily injury or property damages
- Workers comp is a mandatory insurance in the majority of states that pays for an employee’s lost wages and medical bills in the event of a work-related injury or illness, as well as recovery therapy
- Inland marine protects property that is in transit
- Crime coverage that shields the bus company from episodes of employee dishonesty, forgery, computer fraud and other criminal activity
Contact Prime Insurance for more information about school bus contractors’ insurance.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud partners with many of the leading companies in the industry – big names such as ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: Privately run school bus companies need a special form of commercial insurance coverage.