A PRIME Insurance and CNA Special
How much better would your aging facility be if your resident fall rate would decrease?
Allegations associated with resident falls: CNA Aging Services Claims
45.6% - Failure to monitor. 38.3% - Improper care. 11.0% - Unsafe environment. 5.0% - all other
In an aging services facility, fall prevention goes beyond adequate floor maintenance!
A suburban nonprofit group was concerned about its resident fall rate. Turning to CNA, they were guided by risk control consultants to implement various policies and procedures that included:
- Conducting a functional evaluation of all new residents immediately upon admission
- Screening new residents for 30 days to track falls and any decline in activities of day to day living
- Improving fall investigation patterns to better recognize patterns
- Employing a muscle-strengthening and walking program
In addition to these points, the group’s leadership crew sent a clear message to its staff that fall prevention was an uppermost priority. The final result was that the institution’s resident fall rate dropped by 17 percent over a four-year period.
PRIME Insurance and CNA are dedicated to creating a safer environment of care through effective risk control.
CNA’s nationwide staff of highly experienced risk control consultants has earned the Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management credential along with other industry-related recognition.
Its risk control consultants can help you:
- Develop and implement preventive strategies such as fall prevention
- Use root cause analysis to investigate adverse events
- Prevent weather-related damage such as frozen sprinklers
- Document and maintain electronic health records
- Educate administrators and staff members
At PRIME Insurance every day is a PRIME DAY!
For More information about Aging Services Insurance and risk control, contact PRIME Insurance Agency.
One of the nursing home industry’s primary concerns is its resident fall rate. PRIME Insurance offers CNA’s superior aging facility coverage. Aside from great insurance protection, it has added benefits that include qualified risk management guidance that can keep your residents safe, while improving your services and helping eliminate claims against you.