Fishing tournaments have become very popular amongst fishing sportspeople. For fans and others the following tidbits will add an extra element of intrigue and excitement to a special event that is intrinsically already full of exhilaration.
Seven Fun Facts about Fishing Tournaments
- Fishing tournaments were traditionally known as a male-only sport. All that changed in the beginning of 2005, with both fisherman and fisherwomen actively participating and winning sponsored competitions!
- Like the hole-in-one golfing event centered on the prize and the winning champion, the fishing tournament needs Prize Indemnification Insurance to protect sponsors from the risks of related losses.
- Back in 1970, a fishing contest group brought a series of lawsuits against some of the big commercial industries for polluting natural habitats.
- While most fishing competitions have participants fishing off-shore on the land or from a standard boat, there are contests that allow kayak-fishing, paddle-board-fishing, blow-up inner-tube-fishing and other unconventional fishing!
- Many event sponsors encourage fishermen not to harm the fish by giving incentives for freeing and sending catch back to the waters.
- Uploading photos online of the big catch is something fishermen take pride in and even cast their chances for a related prize from online tournaments.
- In 2009, the State of Illinois became first to acknowledge bass fishing contests as an authorized secondary school sport.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: “Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime,” says the ancient Chinese proverb. Take it a step further and you may just get him winning a fishing tournament! Prime Insurance highlights these fun facts about the sport.