Crossing guards are the heroes that show up in all type of weather to protect school students and staff and others. They are deserving of our recognition for the unsung devotion they provide.
RELATED: The school bus and the motorist
Did you know these related details about the crossing guards’ responsibilities?
Seven Facts in Relation to Crossing Guards
- Crossing Guards helps pedestrians and bikers cross the street safely.
- A uniformed crossing guard also serves as a reminder to drivers to be aware of pedestrian safety.
- A crossing guard is the role model of crossing safety, teaching school kids and others how to safely cross the intersection.
- One of the important tasks of the crossing guard is to assist in risk management by alerting authorities of safety hazards.
- Crossing guards are trained to be on the lookout for risky driving, walking, riding, dangerous road situations, illegal parking, and suspicious behavior.
- Every year, a number of crossing guards are injured or killed at duty by distracted drivers and accidents.
- School districts and other agencies that employ crossing guards must provide workers compensation insurance that cover related risks on the job.
PRIME Insurance is a three-generation family-run independent agency. We’re proud to partner with many of the leading underwriters – recognized companies like ACE, AmTRUST, ASI, ASSURANT, CHUBB, CNA, Employers, FOREMOST, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, PROGRESSIVE, Safeco, StillWater, Travelers, THE HARTFORD, USLI, ZURICH and more. This gives us the ability to provide all forms of nationwide coverage and bonds at competitively lowest quotes. Visit us on our online insurance website or email us at PRIME [at] primeins [dot] com or call us at 732-886-5751 and HAVE A PRIME DAY™!
Summary: One of the most unsung heroes on the street is the school crossing guard. Prime Insurance focuses on some fun facts related to the job.